Thursday, February 2, 2012

Silver Lake Resident Asks for Apology from Street Artist


I'm not here to judge people's art, I just record what I see objectively as possible. I've never seen someone write a note to a street artist and post it on a telephone pole. I saw this handwritten note from a Silver Lake resident (I'm assuming) scrawled on a piece of cardboard (from a Nomatterwhatness stencil) yesterday at Sunset Junction. It reads:

you owe the entire Silvelake community an apology! including the sidewalks, the walls, & even the trees. I'd like to call it "art" but it really isn't... No Matter Whatness is an eye it's vandalism

4 comments:

  1. first off-- who made this irate citizen the authority on what does or doesn't qualify as art?

    and secondly-- *my* silver lake embraces the starry-eyed dreamers and "vandals" who remind us to look for beauty in unusual places. Smiley-face mcgee should consider moving out of silver lake to whitewashed Everytown, USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : )

      Aurea - thanks for the support of artist's in Silver Lake!

      Delete
  2. I heart nomatterwhatness, nomatterwhat someone else might say. silver lake is lucky to be adorned by these works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for supporting street artists!

      We've changed our blog so be sure to keep up with us at Skunkheart.com

      Delete